About Vernon Ribfest
About Vernon Ribfest
The Vernon Ribfest 2022 story is likened to a script of a Hallmark Movie with many challenges to overcome, but in the end after much perseverance it has a make you feel good ending. The Vernon Ribfest heroes have come through and saved the day by providing a great place for the community to gather together, enjoy great music, and have fun. The stars of the show, the ribbers, are rolling into town.
You may have seen the ribbers trucks rolling through town, but don’t be disappointed, they are coming back July 9 and 10th to set up at the Vernon Swan Lake Market Garden 7920 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6 (next to Hwy 97N).
How to show your support the Vernon Ribfest:
- Come to the Festival eat, drink and enjoy!
- Using the Vernon Ribfest COOP Membership number 88341 fuel up at the Armstrong and Vernon COOP gas bars, purchase items at their convenience store, and/or purchase liquor at the ARC Liquor Stores.
- Support our media sponsors: net Vernon, Morning Star Newspaper, and Pure Country Radio.
- Using the Vernon Ribfest Account – return refundable bottles to either Bottle Depot.
- Participate in 50/50 Draws and raffle at the festival
- Like, share and comment on Vernon Ribfest Revival posts and articles.
- If you love Vernon Ribfest and want to see it here in 2022 and 2023 please express your support for the Vernon Ribfest organizers, volunteers, sponsors, contractors, performers and vendors, it has been tough going.
- The Vernon Ribfest sponsors stayed on board though out the roller coaster ride and are festival heroes.
- The first Vernon Ribfest 2019 was the beginning of an opportunity to add a community festival to the list of Vernon’s summer attractions.
- In 2020 the Vernon Ribfest was cancelled due to Provincial Health Orders.
- In 2021 the Vernon Ribfest was cancelled due to Provincial Health Orders and meat shortages
- In April 2022 Provincial Health Orders were updated their orders, allowing for large events.
- The planning committee continued working toward securing sponsorships, contractors, performers, and vendors.
- 2022 quotes were unprecedented the increase in costs proved to be insurmountable for the fledgling festival. After thoughtful considerations of a solution considering a reduction of the size and scope of the festival the gap in financial resources, human resources and the limited amount of time, made decision to cancel a responsible decision e. expenses included increases of 100% for the same service as provided in 2019.
- Although, grant funding is not guaranteed approval of the funding reduced the risk.
- Ribbers communicated that they were facing a “$100,000.00 loss due to product purchased, staff hours and accommodations (non-refundable)”.
- Divisions of the City of Vernon supported the Vernon Ribfest in the following ways:
- The City of Vernon Recreation Department sponsored the Ribfest through a one year family pass valued at $1,050.00 to be offered as a raffle prize.
- Division of City of Vernon supported the Vernon Ribfest by re-categorizing the venue rental. This reduced the venue rental to 2019 price plus 11% increase.
- The City of Vernon Tourism sponsored the Vernon Ribfest 2022 with a $3,000 contribution, if the festival is held.
- The cancellation of the Vernon Ribfest 2022 was made public.
- Swan Lake Market Garden contacted Vernon Ribfest organizers to propose a solution.
- The Vernon Ribfest Revival was announcement was released and will be hosted by the Swan Lake Market Garden for two days July 9-10, 2021 from 11 AM – 8PM each day. The new location is 7920 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6 (adjacent to Hwy 97N).
- Updates to the Vernon Ribfest:
- New Location:7920 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6
- Updated Dates: Saturday July 9th, and 10th, 2022
- Updated Times: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM each day
- No Admission fee
- Live bands and children entertainers each day
- Ribbers and Vendors (direct purchase of items)
- No reservation of tables available for the 2022 festival
- No adult beverage available for the 2022 festival
- 50/50 draws, raffle draw and contests during festival
- Like, share and comment online draw with prize of ½ slab of pork ribs going to the winner.
- Volunteers are needed
- Sponsors and/or donations are needed